Sunday, November 29, 2009

the week that was...

started with a favourable mention in The Age on Tuesday - then things got crazy from there on in! People coming from all over - Eltham, Geelong, and ever Wheeler's Hill - I kid you not!

Man the place was jumping this weekend - with Saturday being especially busy - what we really needed was an extra pair of hands to polish cutlery etc... The additional cutlery and plates that I bought for the weekend piggy-backing on the positive publicity in the press were accidentally delivered to my old cafe and I'd promised to pick my daughter up early from kindergarten - so there was no way I could go back to work to sort it out - and sure enough we were short of cutlery and plates, cups and saucers etc for much of the day on Saturday, and customer service suffered somewhat as a result

Thankfully though the mad rush only lasted for an hour on Sat and we were just really busy for the rest of the weekend!

Sunday was almost as good as Sat takings wise but the patronage was spread out over the entire day - so we were always busy and never rushed - which I far prefer to being slammed!

Oh well... preparing now for a coffee class that I'm conducting on Tuesday for all front of house staff, as I want to make sure that we are all speaking the same language when it comes to our understanding of how the coffee is crafted, what its individual characteristics are, and how we share this with our customers!

Cheers,

ACg

No comments: