Monday, November 29, 2010

when social networking goes wrong






Now it wasn't my original intention to offend but there's only so much a guy can take and I pride myself on knowing all my regulars and the coffees that they drink so I was genuinely concerned when this guy (who apparently is a regular he just doesn't (unlike me) wave a red flag every time he comes in, so he wasn't immediately obvious to me

Also I've been logging myself in on each visit of recent to see if I could bump the guy off or at least get a feel for how he's tracking - also i'd bumped him off as mayor a few times previously only to find that he'd reemerged next day

So I thought to myself - wow this guys here more often than me and still I don't recognise him - which is not to say its impossible just unusual is all

hell... i cant be expected to know every customer who walks through the door - in fact it would be impossible to do so - but I am naturally curious by nature - so when an anomaly pops up I usually want to investigate it - its part of what makes me so good at what I do, I'm always questioning always looking for a better way of doing things

So I dont want to blow this out of all proportion except to use this example as a cautious warning as to the joys and perils of on-line navigations, and to show that it aint always going to be a happy ending...

What happens next is anyone's guess - anyone up for coffee?

ACg

2 comments:

hazchem said...

I think the fact that his first response is to go on the defensive tells you everything you need to know.

Unknown said...

well...the guy did come back and apologise in person but then never came back again which says it all really..