Friday, July 31, 2009

coffee consequences

Well... we get there eventually! cafe's still not open but we're making some werious progree now - floor is done and heavy duty equipment is on the way including three door under-bar fridge, purpose built coolroom, and new six burner gas oven!

I'm also replacing my display fridge for one which is more functional: same specs but better shape and design to let more light into the space

We pulled apart the coffee machine today to have a good look at the steam production - as I have not been that impressed with how its been functioning

Noticed a longer than usual copper pipe feeding from the back and lower than expected of the boiler so we dropped water volume and boiler pressure to compensate

Also installed a nifty lever switch for steam production both for ease of use and to restrict flow - which seemed to do the trick nicely

Combine this with some dead sexy bell-bottomed milk jugs from Bombara Water Supplies and we're cooking with gas!

Now I believe that we have all the coffee elements working in harmony: great coffee blend and some amazing single origin coffees combined with a lot more versatility in the milk production = one happy camper!

Had about a dozen folks wander in off the street today asking for coffee which had me chuffed! I obliged of course to a chorus of ohhs and ahhs - you gotta be happy about that!

Gunna get the cash register installed pronto so we can start charging these folks for coffee I mean I don't mind giving it away but you gotta draw the line somewhere

Really happy with the coffee production overall - we've pulled well iin exccess of 500 shots through the machine prior to opening, which makes me feel a lot more confident about the product that we serve

Now t nail the milk and to shore up supply of the biodynamic product that we will be using, and I'll be a happy camper

Opening date T-minus three weeks and counting...

Laters, P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well... it took us longer to open that expected as in the end I pulled over 2000 shots through the machine prior to opening!