Friday, July 31, 2009

Ridiculously long shots...

Being pulling ridiculously long shots on my BFC - I mean 50sec double pours into a single cup - its ridiculous!

But whether its the oversized heat exchangers, or the flow restrictors, or a combination of both - I dunno!

But the coffee seems to hold ist consistency without blonding - and without burning - and that can only be a good thing!

We're wielding 20gm baskets for the single handle, and some of the espressos I've been pulling are out of this world!

Looking forward top being open proper and blowing people away with the coffee quality. I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I think its fair to say that there aren't too many operators in my neck of the woods at least not within walking distance anyway of the cafe - who have the same coffee obsessive focus - whether this translates to additional sales or repeat patronage is yet to be determined

But I'm quietly confident that an espresso based revolution is underway and happening South-side!

Stay tuned for further progress!

No comments: