Friday, January 25, 2008

this is what a $4 coffee looks like in qld

I tentatively ordered a strong cap in Montville on the Sunshine coast, not because I usually drink caps but because I thought it would be harder to stuff it up.

So after parting with $3.50 of my hard earned dosh for the coffee, plus an extra $0.50 for the additional 'shot' - this is what I got! Hot insipid dishwater not fit for human consumption.

I left my coffee as you see it - largely untouched and unremarked upon even when the table was cleared, which is a bit on the nose when you're parting with four large.

Oh well... for this kind of money there's definitely room for improvement and room at the top of the coffee chain for those willing to give it a go

And I know that there are some good operators in Qld because I've visited a few - It's a bit of a walk down memory lane, drinking coffee in Qld, as most places still serve it the same way Melbournians were drinking coffee 20 yrs ago.

Good luck to them - it makes the good guys look gooder (is that a word?)

No comments: