Saturday, January 26, 2008

you can not escape your destiny!


On a recent trip to the Sunshine Coast I was surprised to find some of the black gold growing right there in the back of my parent-in-law's house in peaceful Diddillibah!

Apparently the plant is well established and has been there for around 30 years and it's still yielding a considerable crop.

When I asked the out-laws approximately how much fruit appears on the plant they replied easily a good couple of kilos per season - which is enough for a home roast in my books!

So I've asked them to hang onto the good stuff next time (apparently they had just disposed of a good deal of fruit which had dropped off) - and I see what I can do next time I'm up to erect a hasty corretto device.

Going off on a tangent a bit I was so generally disappointed with the coffee on the coast when I went out,( except for a few noteworthy exceptions) - as my previous blog no doubt makes clear - that I invested in one of those 6 cup Vittoria stove top devices that you see in the supermarket, not for the tiny sample of coffee that came with it (but I drank that too - what the hey...), but because it allowed me to make my own coffee when I wanted, where I wanted, just so long as there was an available element of some kind and a water supply nearby!

I was also pleased to hear that the outlaws thought my own home roast which I bought up from Melbourne in fair quantity to be 'superior’ to the esteemed Douwe Egberts - which is there tipple of choice.

This is strong praise indeed considering that they are Dutch...

No comments: